To ensure that all students have a safe and enjoyable winter vacation, you are advised to bear in mind the following:
Take all necessary epidemic personal health protection and safety measures
1. Reduce outdoor activities as much as possible. Avoid visiting crowded areas or high/middle-risk areas. It is recommended to make less visits to relatives and friends and dining together during the epidemic prevention and control.
2. It is recommended that a mask should be worn when going out. A surgical or N95 mask should be worn when visiting public areas, hospitals or taking public transportation.
3. Keep your hands sanitized. Try to avoid touching objects in public areas. After returning from public areas, covering your cough, using the restroom, and before meals, please wash your hands with soap or liquid soap under running water, or use alcoholic hand sanitizer. Do not touch your mouth, nose or eyes if you are unsure whether your hands are clean. Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow joint when you sneeze or cough.
4. Monitor the health conditions of your family members and yourself.If you exhibit symptoms associated with novel coronavirus, wear a mask and seek immediate medical attention at a nearby hospital.
1. Adhere to national laws and university rules, and observe public order.
2. Be mindful of theft and fire hazards. Avoid open flames. Do not use electrical appliances against regulations.
3. Refrain from excessive drinking of alcohol, misconduct after drinking, and drunk driving.
4. Take caution of icy surfaces. Keep away from frozen lakes and rivers.
5. Pay attention to road safety. Take care of yourself and of others.
1. Take your passport with you when traveling.
2. If you are staying outside of campus, make sure that you register with the local police station within 24 hours of arrival.
3. Take note of your safety and personal belongings when travelling. It is advised not to travel alone or with strangers, and not visit places that are overly crowded or underdeveloped.
4. Take care of your health and stay hydrated. Be mindful of food hygiene and sanitation. Only take licensed transport when travelling.
1. Do not charge electric scooter batteries on campus.
2. Only smoke in designed areas. Dispose of cigarette butts appropriately.
3. Abide by local regulations for the use and possession of fireworks.
4. Do not store or use high-power electrical appliances in the dormitories.
1.When walking, keep to the sidewalk when walking and obey road rules. Roads and sidewalks may be slippery due to ice.
2.When riding, pay attention to roads that may be slippery due to ice, do not cycle too fast and avoid sudden turns.
3.Be aware of winter clothing such as hats and earmuffs that may affect your hearing and peripheral vision - especially when passing through traffic intersections.
4.When walking or riding at night, try to wear bright colored or reflective clothing if possible. Make sure to maintain a safe distance between you and other riders and vehicles.
Personal and Property Safety
1. Be aware of phone scams. Government departments, public security bureaus and judicial offices of China will never request for bank transfers or information over the phone. If you have any further questions, please seek out relevant staff on campus.
2. To prevent theft or loss of items take good care of your personal belongings and do not leave them unattended..
3. Please be aware of safety hazards around you. If you come across any suspicious or unusual behavior, please report it to relevant authorities.
University Security Department:
University Hospital ER: 010—62782185
Traffic Police: 122
Fire Police: 119
International Students & Scholars Center,